What Is It?
Role study is an insightful workstudy technique that measures how roles spend their time, identifying opportunities to slim down leadership structures and understand the workload of specialist roles and remote workers across all sectors
ReThink go further to help you apply the role study insights with organisational design consultancy
How does it help?
- As the most expensive roles in your business it is important to get the leadership structure right.
- Your brand promise informs what you would like your leaders to do. Have you got the right mix of leadership and colleagues (span of control) to deliver this?
- Could you free up more time for customer-facing activity by aligning your management structure with your service proposition, evolving workforce and changing market conditions
How do we do it?
- We shadow roles across a number of days to quantify how and where time is spent. Typical outputs show where roles overlap and variance of activities across locations and against the job description. This data informs the different leadership roles and number required for your business. ReThink use this analysis to provide options for future operational structures along with implementation and project management support
- This usually results in more customer facing time and potential for cost saving. A Role Study is a method used to establish the activities each role is performing in your business
- The Role Study data creates a robust evidence base for organisational design. We can benchmark your organisational design and future options versus similar business, to understand where service reinvestment and/or cost saving opportunities can be accessed
- A DIY retailer had a top-heavy store management structure that had become more complex overtime. Our data pointed the way to a leaner structure and investment in more customer time
- Role study helped jewellery retailer Pandora and a leading beauty brand understand the value of specialist roles within their business and the best way to deploy them to drive most value
- An international retailer used workstudy on their Area Manager roles to identify how they could free them up from time consuming tasks such as emails and driving so they could spend more time making a difference with their store teams
- A private hospital group wanted to streamline how they checked in patients across their varied clinic estate and used the data to build a workload model to ensure colleagues were available when patients needed them most
- A B2B consumables seller leveraged role study to understand the variability in how Account Managers invest their time and identified evidence based best practice to drive more sales
Read the full story