What Is It?
Improving productivity is the key to an agile operation and long term success. Knowing where to start and how to create quantified opportunities for you to prioritise is where we come in. Efficiency Studies are a diagnostic look at how you operate and where your best opportunities lie.
How does it help?
- How long do you spend with your customers? Quantify How much time is spent with customers versus tasks
- Identify colleague down time and slower paced tasks to highlight quick win opportunities
- How do you perform at peak? Review how well resource matches demand
- How are you performing versus relevant benchmarks?
- Efficiency Study provides insight to create your productivity roadmap
- Data for a fast-growing variety retailer showed how much time was spent handling stock to quantify the opportunity to move to more streamlined stock movement
- Capturing time spent waiting for customers showed a DIY retailer the efficiency impact of operating separate trade and retail service points
- A warehouse style retailer saw the opportunity to increase the time to serve a customer when they saw how the variance in storeroom layout increased walk time for colleagues and waiting time for customers
- It’s not all about making savings.
- Vodafone measure time spent on task versus customers each year and have streamlined their operation to increase time with customers by 40% by simplifying store tasks and freeing up colleagues
- A convenience retailer’s data showed colleagues filled their time with slow paced stock tasks and simplifying the operation created capacity to offer additional services that drive footfall with no increase in colleague numbers
- A call centre with specialist teams quantified the benefit in cross training colleagues so those in quieter teams could take calls for busier teams at peak time to improve customer satisfaction scores
- In our first eight years we helped 55 brands identify over £110 million pounds of opportunity
Read the full story